We are building up to the 1-year anniversary of Super-Typhoon Yolanda (also known as Haiyan), so all hands on deck, and a lot of activities going on, candlelight marches, memorial services, exhibitions, and so on.
Everyone is busy putting together summaries of our work in the last year, numbers of beneficiaries reached and support given, and advocacy messages for the coming year.
A few quick figures for you. My organisation has, in the last year, provided support to over 800,000 people, including:
- Provided clean water, sanitation, and hygiene kits to over 500,000 people
- Provided cash and income support to over 530,000 people
- Distributed non-food items such as mosquito nets, tarpaulins, and mother and newborn kits to over 430,000 people
- Supported the recovery of over 200 small businesses and micro-enterprises
- Distributed over 8,000 sacks of rice seeds to support farmers
and many many more things as well. We’ve given out boats…
View original post 387 more words