The country’s outstanding public officials and employees were honored in rites held at the Heroes Hall Malacañan Palace. The awards rites highlights the Honor Awards Program, the rewards and incentives program implemented by the Civil Service Commission.
Three awards were given. The Presidential Lingkod Bayan Award is conferred on an individual or group for exceptional contributions resulting from an idea or performance that had nationwide impact on public interest.
Recipients of the Presidential Lingkod Bayan Award are:
- Brigadier General Rolando M. Aquino (Wing Commander, Philippine Air Force [PAF])
- Kim S. Jacinto-Henares (Commissioner, Bureau of Internal Revenue)
- Elton Monet B. Merelos (Aircraft Mechanic II, PAF)
- Alfredo E. Pascual (President, University of the Philippines [UP])
- Mudjekeewis D. Santos (Supervising Aquaculturist/Scientist I, Natural Fisheries Research and Development Institute)
- Romeo G. Seguban (Professor II, Isabela State University)
- Edgardo E. Tulin (University Professor, Visayas State University)
- ITDI-DOST Research and Development Team (Industrial Technology Development Institute)
View original post 979 more words